Sunday, May 27, 2012

U.S. Amateur Chess Championship

Black to play.

I am playing in the 68th Annual U.S. Amateur Chess Championship in Somerset this Memorial Day weekend.  It has been a very nice, quiet tournament so far, but I expect today it will get a bit busier as the two-day participants arrive.  I am playing well so far, beating two A-players in some overwhelming performances and am seated at Board 2.  But the real tests of any tournament come late on Day 2 and Day 3, when you are tired and just want to go home. Here was my second round game against a 1900 player (you can get the PGN here):




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice game!

Anonymous said...

I play the same line as black, I almost got Rutar with it but he found a saving resource in the late middlegame. - Tony

Anonymous said...

A nice finish. Reminded me of a larsen win though not sure which one. Enjoy the blog.

Mike Twyble UK.