Sunday, March 25, 2007

New Jersey Knockouts

nj knockouts
The USCL's New Jersey Knockouts have unveiled their logo (see above) and have begun developing their line-up and schedule. So far they have commitments from GM Joel Benjamin, IM Dean Ippolito, FM Tommy Bartell, NM Mackenzie Molner, and NM Evan Ju (current NJ Open Champion). I have also heard mention of NM Victor Shen and NM Joan Santana, with team manager NM Michael Khodarkovsky filling in as necessary. I expect one or two other names to be added to that list. Rosters consist of eight players, with the average rating not exceeding 2400 ELO. Games will be held at the Chapel Hill Academy in Lincoln Park, NJ on Monday nights (I have not yet heard the first date). Their first match will be with the Queens Pioneers (the other expansion team -- who, rumor has it, are called the "pioneers" because it will be the first time many of them have ever been to Queens).
Hat tip to the BCC Weblog, which is always up-to-the-minute on USCL action!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm very interested in this and will be cheering for our home team. I think the games can be viewed live on the ICC? I'll be watchin' and bloggin'.